Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in death of east Charlotte apartment – WSOC TV

CHARLOTTE – Firefighters said a person died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday morning following a small fire in an apartment in east Charlotte.

At around 4 a.m., firefighters responded to carbon monoxide alarms that went off at an apartment complex on Kelston Place, near Albemarle Road. When they arrived, the firefighters forced their way into an apartment on the second floor where they found a smoldering fire in the kitchen.

They found a person inside and took him out of the apartment. This person was taken to hospital, but authorities said he did not survive.

The name of the victim was not disclosed.

Twenty apartments were then evacuated until CO levels were found to be safe. No other injuries were reported.

Fire department investigators decided the kitchen fire was accidental due to unattended cooking.

Check back to wsoctv.com for updates on this story.

(SEE BELOW: fear of carbon monoxide in social housing complex in North Carolina)

Source link