Monday 08 November 2021
Longtime Federal Hill restaurateur and hotelier Gianfranco Marrocco has sold the Dolce Villa hotel, located in the heart of the longtime Italian Quarter on DePasquale Square.
Marrocco has sold a number of restaurants over the past few years. Morocco is known to be both an innovator and at times controversial.
The purchaser of the hotel is Providence Living – the Providence-based development company led by Justin Dezube – which is becoming an increasingly important player in the development.
GET THE LATEST NEWS HERE – SIGN UP FOR FREE DAILY GOLOCAL EBLAST
The sale price was $ 2 million.
Dezube recently bought the old Karma nightclub building and a nearby parking lot. He paid $ 1.6 million for this property.
About the hotel:
The Dolce Villa hotel is located on charming DePasquale Plaza on historic Federal Hill, the âLittle Italyâ neighborhood in Providence, RI. Gianfranco Marrocco, the owner, also owns many other successful businesses throughout the city. Thanks to Marrocco’s business experience, expectations and standards were high as the Dolce Villa Hotel prepared for its grand opening and those standards have not changed yet.
All bedrooms have memory foam beds. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, some units have full kitchens with stainless steel appliances, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery. Hairdryers and personal amenities (on request), and some units have a safe for valuables in the closet.
- Gallery Z Closure of Federal Hill location – Uploading, relocation and reformatting of exhibits
- Police investigate report of armed robbery at gunpoint on Federal Hill
- VIDEO: Animal rights group attacks elderly owner and Antonelli workers on Federal Hill
- Federal Hill Commerce Association President D’Uva passes away
- Old Federal Hill Canteen turns 65
- Man wanted by Providence police in Federal Hill murder apprehended while attempting to flee to Mexico
- Federal Hill’s oldest bakery in Providence closes
- EDITORIAL: Let’s not move the Columbus statue to Federal Hill – it won’t be safe
- UPDATE: Convicted pedophile Gardner and his wife evicted from hotel on Federal Hill
- Six defendants now convicted of stabbing Stephen Cabral on federal hill
- NEW: Six accused after Federal Hill B&E and police pursuit, 37 pounds of marijuana seized
- Federal Hill Restaurateur Struggles With “Severe Covid” – Fundraiser Approaches $ 20,000
- Price madness: a home on Federal Hill sells for 900% more than 14 years ago
- Angelo’s transforms Federal Hill restaurant into an indoor-outdoor place
- Man was allegedly hijacked and hit on the head with a hammer – Incident began in the heart of Federal Hill
- Man shot dead on Federal Hill on Sunday evening, 7th shooting since Thursday
- Gronk gives Providence Federal Hill some love ahead of Sunday’s Pat-Bucs game
- The next generation of RI: Jamie Antignano d’Angelo on the takeover of the Hill Federal Institution
- Reported Stabbing on Federal Hill Overnight, Providence Police Investigation – UPDATED
- “Disturbance involving baseball bats” reported at Federal Hill Lounge in Providence
- Federal Hill’s Oldest Bakery Returns
- Federal Hill Home – Built like low income – Sells for $ 450,000, the highest price since 2019
- Providence policeman taken to hospital after responding to massive street brawl on Federal Hill
- Arrivederci Atwells: The Decline of Federal Architecture Critic Morgan Hill
- Ernie flower shop owner on Federal Hill, Ernest Cesario, jumps to 89